Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pinterest Makes Me a Better Mom!

I love doing activities with the kids, but I can't always come up with new ideas or creative ideas that will keep their attention but after joining Pinterest I have been able to find a ton of ideas that the kids love!!! My plan is to share all of the fun with you!

I try to do as many fun and educational activities with the kids at home as I can. Lana and Jackson are 2 1/2 years old and very curious about their letters, numbers, colors and shapes. Lana is constantly asking for homework! Tate is 4 years old and has a hard time sitting still so traditional worksheets and workbooks aren't a good fit with him. He also doesn't like to recite his numbers or letters so we have to trick him into participating by making activities silly.

One of the very first activities I tried was a sensory bin full of uncooked rice. I hid our alphabet magnets in it and let the kids take turns finding the letters. As they found the letters we talked about each one and thought of words that started with them. They loved this little treasure hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment