Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Calming Jars

I've seen these cool little jars/bottles referred to in so many ways on Pinterest. Some people call them calming jars or time out jars and some refer to them as quiet jars. Whatever you call them THEY WORK! My kids are amazed by them and it's works like magic on my son with ADHD when he is in the middle of one of his "hyper episodes." Now I must say that I don't use these very often. I think they would lose their effectiveness if you used them for every offense that required a "time out." I tend to use these when my warnings aren't working and my voice is lost in the chaos of four kids running around like crazy people!!

Here is the original post where I found my directions:
http://mycrazyblessedlife.com/2011/10/03/relax-bottletime-out-timer/

*First clean the bottles thoroughly and remove any labels.
*Fill each bottle about 3/4 with HOT water so that the glue will dissolve.
*Next, add an entire bottle of glitter glue and a small tube of ultra fine glitter.
*Keep playing with the mixture until the glitter settles at about 5 min. I added more clear gel glue to make it go slower or more water to make it settle faster.
*Then super glue the lids on. 







No comments:

Post a Comment