Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fun Sticks!

These colorful sticks are so fun! They are definitely a go to whenever we have a free moment to explore shapes, colors, letters, numbers or just want to play!

These start with your basic craft sticks. I spray painted mine to make the painting process go a little quicker, but you could paint them any way you like. Then you need to attach velcro dots. I purchased the ones that already have adhesive on. The original blogger said to put velcro on both ends of each side of the stick. My budget didn't allow for me to do that, so I just alternated putting one piece on each side of the stick making sure that one side had the "scratchy" side of the velcro and the other side had the "soft" side of the velcro at the opposite end. I keep ours in a pencil box!

The original idea came from here:
http://tottreasuresnorthbay.blogspot.com/2012/01/easy-and-fun-diy.html




We were making squares. Little Miss Smartypants made a diamond!

No comments:

Post a Comment