Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Alphabet Eggs

These are a great little tool for working on letter recognition. These can be a simple game of picking up a letter and talking about what it is, what sound it makes and what words begin with it or it can be a more difficult game of matching upper case letters to lower case letters. You could even hide these eggs around your house with things in them that start with the letters and talk about them as the kids find them. I am sure that there are many more ways that you could come up with to use these!

Since I still have pre-k aged children we started with the simple version. Lana loved this!! But she is my two year old who is always begging for homework and loves anything to do with learning. To be fair, her twin brother fell asleep while I was prepping this activity so I'm not sure if he would have liked it or not. Our adventurous 4 year old who likes everything fast paced told me that this was "too slow" and may have also used the word "boring." Since he was the one who had picked out this activity on Pinterest I was hoping he would really like it! The next time we play with the Alphabet Eggs I am going to do an Egg Hunt! I am sure the increased activity level will help Tate participate more willingly. For now I am VERY happy to add these to my box of activities!



No comments:

Post a Comment