Monday, April 15, 2013

Rainbow Rice and the Alphabet

This is a really great sensory activity! We combined our Rainbow Rice with a set of letters I made using glass marbles and craft paint.

I found the glass marbles in the plant and flower section of my local craft store and then purchased a craft paint by Martha Stewart designed for glass. I carefully painted letters onto the marbles and let them dry overnight. Once they were dry we hid them in our Rainbow Rice and had a blast searching for them and talking about the letters we found! You can add another level of difficulty to this activity by having your child think of a word that starts with the letter they found or having them put the letters in order!

You can find the directions on how to make the Rainbow Rice in this post on my blog http://www.craftsandactivitiesforcrazykids.blogspot.com/2012/09/rainbow-rice.html





No comments:

Post a Comment