Friday, January 11, 2013

No Mess Finger Paints

When I found this idea on Pinterest I thought it was ingenious! My kids love painting, but I'm not always in the mood to clean up the mess! I thought this would be great for those days when they want to paint but I don't want to deal with a mess.

The original idea came from here:
http://hippiehousewife.blogspot.ca/2012/01/mess-free-finger-painting.html

Unfortunately this was not as big of a hit as I thought it would be. First, I think I didn't add enough paint to the bags and I probably squeezed out too much air. The paint just didn't move around very easily. Second, my four year old REALLY wanted to open the bag and paint the messy way!! I spent most of the activity time hovering over him making sure he didn't open the bag.  This was certainly not the fun activity I had envisioned. I've been meaning to try it a second time, but just haven't gotten around to it.

All that being said, I still think this is an ingenious idea!!





No comments:

Post a Comment