Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Dying Easter Eggs: The Old Fashioned Way!


First, let me say that I know MANY people who love buying those fun Egg Dying Kits at the store! But my family has dyed Easter Eggs for generations using three simple ingredients:

-Boiling Water
-Apple Cider Vinegar
-Food Coloring

For each color prepare a mug or cup with 1/2 cup of the boiling water and 1 tablespoon of the Apple Cider Vinegar. Add the food coloring to make any color you desire! This is so easy to do that you don't mind it when the kids beg to make new colors every two eggs! My grandmother, mother, aunts, sister and my kids ALL love dying Easter Eggs! We have dyed them together for years and the adults think it's just as much fun (maybe even MORE fun!) than the kids do! We dye about 5-6 dozen eggs and we are always disappointed when they are gone! My kids also love to eat hard boiled eggs and pickled eggs so none of the eggs we dye are wasted!
 







No comments:

Post a Comment